Better known as "Al the Wop's", Al's place was constructed in 1915 by Lee Bing and three partners who ran a Chinese restaurant here in Locke. Then in 1934 Al Adami and an associate came up the river from Ryde to become the only non-Chinese business in town. Later Al purchased the building from Lee Bing and continued in the business until his death in 1961. Al had surprises in store for his patrons. Cutting off neckties (much too dressy for Al's), throwing money to the ceiling, and stirring the ladies' drinks with his fingers are just a few. Many stories linger on about his unusual antics.
Al's is famous for steak and pasta. This bar restaurant opens 7 days a week.